19 December 2008

Fleet Foxes rule the audio and the visual (sometimes)

I know Fleet Foxes don't need their egos stroked any more since Pitchfork just placed their debut album and E.P. on top of their year-end album list. But I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen their video for "White Winter Hymnal" (#2 on Pitchfork's top Tracks list) on more lists. I know videos don't exactly get critiqued like albums or even singles. Heck, I'll even level with and say there are plenty of things to like about Fleet Foxes aside from their videos (like, you know, the songwriting and the harmonies and the live show blah blah blah...). But still, what a gorgeous piece of claymation...




That being said, the boys are only one-for-two in the video dept. The best I can say for "He Doesn't Know Why" is that all the band close-ups and, uh, goats make it sort of funny. Absurdly so. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment